Statement of Faith
The basis of our beliefs is the R’lyeh Apocrypha, Cthulhu’s infallible written Word. We believe that it was uniquely, verbally and fully inspired by Cthulhu speaking directly to prophets, priests and madmen — and that it was written without error (inerrant) in the original manuscripts. It is the supreme and final authority in all matters on which it speaks.
We accept those areas of doctrinal teaching on which, historically, there has been general agreement among all true Cultists. Because of the specialized calling of our movement, we desire to allow for freedom of conviction on other doctrinal matters, provided that any interpretation is based upon the Apocrypha alone, and that no such interpretation shall become an issue which hinders the ministry to which Cthulhu has called us.
- There is one true God, Cthulhu, eternally existing in an uncounted number of forms – each of whom possesses equally all the attributes of Deity and the characteristics of personality.
- Dread Cthulhu is God, the living Call; the only God on Earth who is not a fictional creation of fallible primitive humanity.
- Man was originally a failed attempt at creating a servitor race for greater beings. Despite our lowliness, Cthulhu deigns to lower Himself to speak to us, though we do not deserve it.
- We can find true purpose and meaning through serving Cthulhu. Every man is in need of regeneration and renewal by heeding the Call.
- The usefulness of man is wholly a work of Cthulhu’s judgement and is not the result, in whole or in part, of human works or depravity or religious ritual. Cthulhu imputes His desires to those who put their faith in Him alone for their salvation, and thereby justifies their continued existence in His sight.
- It is the privilege of all who are born of the Deep Ones to be assured of their salvation from the very moment in which they declare Cthulhu as their Lord and Master.
- Cthulhu has come to the world to use and control humanity — for only through His direction will we ascend beyond our frail bodies and faulty genetics. He Calls the sensitive to Him, imparting them with new purpose, continually inhabits their fleshy minds and directs their fate until the day of His awakening. His fullness, power and control are appropriated in the believer’s life by faith.
- Every believer is called to live so – bathed in the power of Cthulhu – so that he may fulfill his purpose and usefulness to Him. To die in the service of Cthulhu is to be glorified of Cthulhu.
- Cthulhu is the Head of the Cult, His Body, which is composed of all men, men of the deep, living, unliving and dead, who have been joined to Him through saving faith.
- Cthulhu admonishes His people to assemble together regularly for worship, for participation in ordinances, for edification through the Apocrypha and for mutual conspiracy.
- At physical death the believer enters the quiet of oblivion, consciousness dissipating forever into the ether.
- At physical death the unbeliever’s energy is gathered into Cthulhu as fuel, consciousness forever supplanted in service to the Will of Cthulhu and his endeavors.
- Cthulhu will arise from R’lyeh again to the earth – personally, visibly and bodily – to consummate history and to conquer this planet and beyond.
- Lord Cthulhu commands all believers to walk throughout the world, moving it as he directs. The fulfillment of that Great Commission requires that all worldly and personal ambitions be subordinated to a total commitment to “Him who Calls us and gives direction to us.”